How do I tell her Im not running the race?

My sister and I are pregnant at the same time. Again. With our first pregnancies, we were abolut half a year apart, my son being born before her daughter. This time, my daughter will be born only about 2 weeks before her son. With our first pregnancies it wasnt so bad, but when our kids started getting older, to where they developed at about the same rate, everything seemed to turn into a competition with her. Her daughter just has to do everything first, and she does it the best. My son developes perfectly fine, and I have no problem with her daughter being advanced in any way, but it is so so frustrating when my sister just comes off like she is trying to rub it in my face. (And not to toot my own horn, but my sister has a blind spot when it comes to her daughter, she isnt actually advanced, and she has nothing in the way of manners!) Now, with this pregnancy, it has been so so much worse. Being only 2 weeks apart, EVERYTHING gets compared. First it was symptoms, then belly size (hers HAD to get big and showy first) then who picked out a name first, who got what first for the babies etc. Its so frustrating, and it has added so much extra stress to being pregnant. How do I tell her (as nicely as possible) that Im not part of the marathon she seems to be running??

MommyOfTheBest2

Asked by MommyOfTheBest2 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would just tell her flat out that this is not a competition and you don't want to be a part of her CRAZY competition
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Next time she starts comparing stuff, just come right out and say it..."It isn't a race and we really can't control what nature is doing to our bodies/children."
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 6:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I agree.. you just have to tell her. It isnt a competition in anyway... If she says anything just, nicely, say My son is healthy, and this baby is healthy, and that is all that matters to me!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2011