What is the next "IT" thing?

Just curious, with the economy in the toilet and jobs looking more and more like luxuries as more and more people are losing the job security they once had, what is the next "it" thing? What will be the business that will make it in spite of all the economic turmoil? Just curious! Plus always looking for a way to keep money coming in just in case!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• I think that businesses that offer an essential need (rather than "nice to haves") will stand out among others during this time. People will cut back on things they don't necessarily need to have to continue to afford what they need. For example, I am an independent rep with an energy company that offers electricity service in Texas (with New York coming soon). What makes us competitive is that our rate is much lower than many in the area and we allow customers to lock in these low rates for up to 3 years. I have not had to pester anyone to buy my product/service, people are looking for ways to save on the essentials. Also, the business side does not cost hundreds to get started.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Timely and interesting question! In these tough economic times money is on everyone's mind...paying down debt....staying afloat! I'm not so sure I'd be looking for the next 'It' thing, rather than a stable company with a proven track record. If you'd like more info, please pm me & I'll send you my website. It's worth a look!

Have a great day!

Sandy
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 12:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• That's easy! Ameriplan! Unlike so many other businesses Ameriplan is a DEBT FREE Company and is providing people with a NEED not a want. They are provinding low cost healthcare. With an economy like ours everyone needs help. I'm doing better with my business the worse the economy does. Not that I'm happy the economy is bad but when you've got lemons...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Healthcare industry. No matter what the economy does, people still get sick.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Blue collar jobs will be replaced with Green jobs. Places like First Solar when a few jobs go up their are lines and lines of people trying to apply. Once the reality sets in that oil is a limited fossil fuel and will one day dry up things like wind mills, solar panels etc.. will be created to heat our homes, our cars etc..

Health care I think also but more hospitals as I think people will start going to those clinics in the shopping centers for simple things like ear aches etc..
    Just my thoughts
    Jenny
    Anonymous

• I agree with anonymous. Anything Green is the "it" thing right now.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i think working in a school is the best.........kids will always got to school........
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The next big "it" thing. If someone has found it, they probably aren't going to be telling us anytime soon. LOL! I would say the going green thing as well.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Anything and everything truely natural & healthy. Network Marketing is bigger than ever and will continue to be the direction business minded people will take. People that are not businesses minded will continue to think it is nothing but scams - and continue to work paycheck to paycheck...
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 12:06 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Skincare sales are up this year. High end skin care sales are up over 20%.

Want to know more about skin care and weight loss products that do not contain animal products and have not been tested on animals?

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 4:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2008