The woman who was tweeted's story

I found this very interesting and it lowers my opinion of Weiner, if it's possible. He is really a piece of work if what she's saying is true. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but still.

http://biggovernment.com/mbroussard/2011/06/06/my-story/

Your opinion?

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 7:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I know a lot of people who have met and/or hooked up online. Some ended up with long term relationships or marriage. Some with broken hearts. Some with long distance weekend flings that went on for a few months then died off. If she responded to him once, and then tried to end contact with him, that would be one thing. She continued to talk to him, gave him her phone number, and had multiple conversations with him over a lengthy period of time. What exactly is the difference between her and a girl who talks with a guy on World of Warcraft or Facebook, only to eventually have to come to terms with the fact that he views their relationship as more serious than she does? Married men flirt online all the time, on all mediums.

What I notice is the "personal" portion of their conversations she won't talk about. There's a difference between sending pics to a stranger and sending them to someone you've had cybersex with. cont:
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I have no doubt she is telling the truth.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• That's the missing piece of this that made no sense. Why would a politician send explicit pictures to a random stranger on the internet? That's a far different situation than, why would a politician send explicit pictures to a woman he'd been talking to online for quite a long time, including sexual conversations that he took to be a relationship?

He's married, and he's an elected official, talking to women who aren't his wife online. He's screwed. But this is more of an "other woman", not an innocent victim.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• He was trying to get 1000's of supermodels American citizenship. I bet he was hoping for some gratitude from them.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I wonder if it started out as online chatting and maybe she was starting to feel uncomfortable with it. No one knows but her.
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• He was trying to get 1000's of supermodels American citizenship Is this true?
    Anonymous

• I wonder if it started out as online chatting and maybe she was starting to feel uncomfortable with it.

I have a feeling that's exactly what it was. It's unfortunate she didn't just block him and defriend him. She seems to have this skewed idea that since they were never in the same room together it doesn't count, yet she's talked to him in more depth than the people she runs into at Starbucks every day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/12/national/main4174889.shtml

NY Congressman Hot For Foreign Models
    NYC's Anthony Weiner Introduces Bill To Create 1,000 Visa Slots For Foreign Fashion Models

Ok, it was visa's. My mistake but still....
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• breitbart? gross, now I need to go and take a few showers.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• based on what, Carpy? how can you be so certain?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2011