Why do they think they have to be dirty?

I just gave my dogs a bath today, I made them stay inside until they were dry. I Let them out in the back yard for a few minutes after they were dry, one has dug a hole and is rolling in the dirt the other is on her back in the grass (and dirt from the other dog's hole) rolling in it. Why do they insist on being dirty?

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 7:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pets

• Mine are the same way except they find the biggest mud hole they can find and run all through it! lol
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 11:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• They are animals. It's instinct. There really isn't much you can do about it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My kids do the same thing! lol Not rolling around in the grass outside, but they always seem to be dirty again about 5 minutes after getting a bath.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Dogs just love rolling around on the grass!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Lol. The shampoo likely left an odor and as a predator, they need to be neutral smelling to sneak up on prey. They also like to have nice back scratch!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yeah, I try not to bathe them when it's muddy, too, but as luck would have it, it always seems to rain the NEXT day! lol I usually take one of them out on leash (so they won't try to run around playing and get dirty) and let the other one go without a leash (fenced yard) until it dries up.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• LOL when I walked outside my lab was wiggling on her back (in the dirt of course) making grunting noises!
    onemellowmom

Comment by onemellowmom (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Mine usually do too, they don't get a bath if its muddy out for that reason. I TRY to keep them clean for as long as possible. It doesn't last too long though!
    onemellowmom

Comment by onemellowmom (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2011