What to do about scars caused by diaper rash?

My twins get diaper rash really bad and i have cream for that, that works but one of them has a few scars on his poor baby butt so is there a way to get rid of those or will they fade eventually, or is he stuck with them for life.

youngmum87

Asked by youngmum87 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well they are too young for hydroquinone, you could try cocoa butter , vitamin E oil, or bio oil.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Wish I knew something that may help. Have you called their doc to see what they can suggest? Gonna bump this for ya in hopes you find some input.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I would say try the bio-oil too, I've heard it works wonders for scars....
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Wait it out and see if it goes away after a couple of years. If they are constantly getting a diaper rash and they are getting scars from it and your trying to eliminate the scars then nothing good will come of it considering the rash keeps coming back. Try switching diapers, wipes, anything.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• awww poor thing, I would think it would go in time, paw paw cream is good
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My son was allergic to the wipes. I made wipes with baby oil and Bounty towels, cut in half. Not only did rash clear up, but they were much cheaper and only took a few minutes to make. Any scarring should clear up on its own if the cause is corrected.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Have you tried different brands of diapers to eliminate the rash? Or / and warm water washcloths instead of wipes?
    mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 9:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Try talking to your doctor about using either Dermatix Ultra, Kelo-Cote, Scar Zone, bio Skin Repair, maybe cordozone, neosporin, or Bio-OIl. But remember to always talk to your doctor befor using any kind of over the coiunter meds especially if for yoiur baby :) I hope the little guy gets better soon :)
    angelmom1989

Answer by angelmom1989 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2011