Would you let your kids go?

My step son's mother always asks to take my two sons to different events with her and her son. Most of the time I let them go, but it seems like an odd request to me. The mom and I are not friends and at best are cordial to each other. Would you let your kids go with your step child's mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Depending on your son's age...does he want to go?? Do you trust her enough to leave your son in her care?
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I would let them go once, and ask them how she treated them. Good,,,bad,,,terrible. If she seemed to be treating the kids OK I would let them go as long as they wanted to go. But I would not force them to go if they didn't want to.

Answer by louise2 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No, not my stepson's mother. Not while they are little anyway. Are your stepson and your own children half siblings? If the kids are close, your stepson might want them to come.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sorry, I didn't say why, lol. She talks shit about my husband to my stepson so I am sure she would do the same to my chldren.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• yes my daughter and stepson get along very well,he even protects her like a big brother,(theyre17 & 18)she hangs out at his house with his mom..no big deal
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Uhm...is their proof she's said bad things about your husband to them?? Do you trust her? Does your husband trust her?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If you feel there is an underlying motive ((that is NOT good)) then don't do it.
    babycakes254

• it doesnt seem odd to me...the step son and your children are now developing a sibling bond. i think that its really nice of her to want to include all the children...sorry if i didnt understand the question though...this is what i got out of it.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• if they are half siblings then i don't think it's odd at all. my kids go with their dad during the holidays and i'm sure that their step mom (which would be lets say you) and then her kids along my kids go out to do something while their father is working. thats not weird. is it? although i would ask her not to talk crap about their father. that really hurts kids self esteem cause they are part of that man and it makes it seem like they are bad too cause they are a part of him. i also don't think it's odd even if they are not half siblings. what she should leave her new son out of the picture when her real sons are around. i think she just wants them all to get along. just cause it's weird doesn't mean that it's not the right thing to do.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• babycakes254, I was the one that said that my stepson's mother talks crap about my husband, not the woman asking the original question.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2008