Do profile photos distract you?

I try hard to read the posts in my groups before looking at the profile photos. It is hard to get beyond some of the trashy/sexy looks, teenager poses, and other profile photo issues with out jading my opinion on the post. When I see some trashy pose as a profile photo and then she is asking for help because her husband or boyfriend (as it usually tends to be) is jealous because she talks to men... well hard to give an honest answer with out being snarky. Or someone asking a serious question but they look like one of my dd's teenage facebook friends with a dopey pose and goofy victory sign.

So I try very hard to NOT look before I answer.
Am I the only one that has a hard time with this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• nope
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i don't even pay attention to the profile pictures, unless they're repeat "offenders" if you will lol. if i see them on here alot i get to know them by picture, not their name, they'd have to be on here alot more than that for me to remember their name. i do tend to remember a couple of profile names who give out stupid or wrong advice repeatedly...(having someone in mind right now lol)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• they don't distract me to a negative degree..humorous, usually. i get a good laugh most of the time from the duck-face pics, or boobs shots. doesn't bother me, though. to each her own.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• For the most part, I don't notice them, aside from certain ones I know, and know the poster, so when I see the pic, I know who it is without having to look at the name. Aside from that, I don't participate in any groups that are prone to duckface or bathroom cleavage shots. If they bother you that much, read different groups.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No, I enjoy the pictures - shows a little of their personality.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• what is myob???
    2nd anon... hum... im in my late 40s and look better than some of them.
    LOL @ duckface
    tasches... I think that is a good attitude.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• In this section they are so small that I don't even notice them.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• They do affect me. You can't usually see the people that well on my computer, so I don't really look.... but whenever I see a Tardis or other friendly-to-me picture, I do feel somewhat predisposed to like the writer.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• what is duckface?

and no they don't bother me
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 12:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2011