Fireworks season

(insert rant here about redneck neighbors who light off quarter sticks of dynamite at random times between Memorial Day and New Years)

Are they legal where you live? Do you think they should be? We have conditional legality - they are allowed during certain weeks of the year around the 4th and New Year's, and they are legal to sell, so people drive here from other states to buy.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Don't be dissing on fireworks. They make certain among us a ton of money.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Do you live near Howe?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Can I send the rednecks up to your place, then? It's only a few hours.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• West of there, closer to SB.
    NotPanicking

You can soon. But we will be keeping our own here soon. If you go to Howe stop into West Edge Novelties and say hello:)
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• This redneck says tough noogies. j/k I know what you mean. I understand a week or so before, and even after, the 4th of July. Just not a month before.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Just not a month before.

I typed this question up right after the boom, how'd you guess?

Honestly, I'm glad we don't have a dog. Back home, it wasn't legal, but you still had it around, just not as dense as it is here. We have some neighbors that go all out and put together their own commercial-grade displays. I remember how bad my dog was for the week around the 4th, shedding, shaking, constantly on edge. It's so much worse here, I'd hate to watch an animal go through it. As it is, our neighbors' dogs get set off every night.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Nope, it's illegal to light of fireworks where I live. You hear a few on new years but that's about it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Illegal- even on the fourth in some counties.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• illegal, but if you drive oh...5 miles or so north of here you can buy & shoot them. so most ppl who need to get there rocks off w/ fireworks (DH & i) just drive up to the county border & have our fun. i dont think they should be legal in our county b/c we are way too closely packed in, but i think ppl should be able to get conditional approval if the can show they live on land.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011