If your baby was transverse in the last trimester . . .

Did it ever turn before birth? Did you do anything to help it turn . . . What did you do?

nepenthe429

Asked by nepenthe429 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was breech and turned by herself around 37-38 weeks. The doctor had me come in since I hurt from my chest to hip bones and by a quick feel found out she was now in the right position. We were two days from scheduling a c-section.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 8:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My daughter turned breech at 36 weeks. I felt her turn. It was crazy huge. The doctor said she may turn back herself. She didn't. She did not recommend turning her. She said it is painful, a lot of times it doesn't work, and sometimes they turn back again. I had a c-section and it was a great choice for me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My oldest was breech though my whole pregnancy except for a few ultrasounds when he went transverse (then right back to breech). At 38 weeks, I scheduled a c-section the day after one of my ultrasounds. I went in for my c-section and found out that he had flipped the night before.
    My second turned constantly right up to the end when I had him at 36 weeks. I had weekly ultrasounds and he was always changing from breech to head down to transverse.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• chiropractic adjustments can open the hips allowing the baby more room, making turning easier. just don't wait until the last minute, go see a chiropractor now, and see them several times a week until your baby is born.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2011