Successfully going back to school?

I'm going back to school in the fall and my daughter will be almost a year old. I work part time and will be sending her to daycare full time (we do part time right now). Has anyone else done this? Were you successful? I'm afraid I won't have any time leftover for ANYTHING.

jteffs

Asked by jteffs at 8:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can do it. I worked 30 hours a week, did an internship for 20 hours a week and took 4 classes and still had time to see my son, go to his baseball games and school events. You just have to have a schedule and stick to it. Take online classes if you can, that really helps. You have to make the sacrifices temporarily in order to have a degree and be able to support your child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• How many classes are you planning on taking? I went back to school when my son was about 9 months and it went really well. I only took 2 classes at the time and didn't have a part time job, but I didn't put my son in daycare for any of that time either. And I had plenty of time to do other things! And I was successful.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• You can do it! I worked ft (50-60 hrs/week) and went to school ft with a 4 year old. Yeah, it was hard and my saturdays were completely devoted to homework for 4 years! I did homework at night after she went to bed too. Just remember, its a lifestyle change. The life you know now will not exist but its only for a little while and its worth it.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I was affraid of sending my 2 youngest to day care because my middle child gets sick easy, so now I go to school on line so I am still home with them and I do 2 classes and change classes every 9 weeks and it is very easy for me to do at home with them
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 1:20 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm taking 3 classes on campus. For my teacher certification plan I can't take classes online, they're all on campus. My husband also works 55-60 hours a week, so it's not like he'll be home to pick up the slack. I'm sure it'll be fine anyway. Thanks guys!
    jteffs

Comment by jteffs (original poster) at 6:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2011