Do any of you moms plan some kind of lesson plans for your child during their summer vacation just to keep them in tune for school? But of course let them have their off days too to enjoy their summer vacation ;)

I'm not a total butt...lol
But my kids need to keep up with their studies so it won't be such a drag for them when school starts.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My kids get big reading assignments from the school. They have to read 3 hard books and do a report. They are due the first week of school.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I print worksheets from the internet with math problems, language pages, etc. to keep her skills fresh. This is just for down time so that it does not take away from fun we could be having. She also has to keep up with her reading. And if she needs punishment for something she gets extra work.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 8:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• yes my step son 10 as some stuff is a bit behind and my step daughter 8 too so i plan to do some work with them to help them catch nothing to much but i want them going back a bit better than they left lol my oldist son will only be turning 3 soon and my baby is 8 months so i dont think i will be doing much with them lol
    all 4 live with me 24/7
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• They do 15 minutes of work a day, and they read 30 minutes a day.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i forgot i have a set of 24 book from disney i picked for books ut the box to give you and idear of the kind of books
    1) travelers and exsporses
    2) plant life
    3) reptiles and amphibians
    4) insects and spiders
    and there 20 more book in the set so you get the idear i wona work threw all 24 books with them
    also the local libery running a reading club over summer with prizes there joining that
    i'm dyslexic so i'm bit on learning i may not be able to spell well but i know a lot of stuff lol
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Each of my kids has a summer workbook. For the older 2 it's math only, for my rising 1st grader it's math and reading. They'll work on then every couple of days but they'll have plenty of down time as well. The older 2 will also have summer reading assignments.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• The library has a summer reading program. If you read 10 books you get to go to Pizza Hut for a mini size pizza. Now, if your child can't read yet, they can have books read to them. We get tired of pizza after awhile so we do our own and after he reads 10 books he gets to pick where we go (within reason).

Have scavenger hunt in Wal-Mart. they have to find certain items and read the labels, not the pictures. Find prices that are on a sheet before hand.

When putting groceries away count the cans of peas or corn etc.

find fun science fair projects that you can do inside or outside.

Just have fun with it.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2011