How to give my 10yr. old ds a nice trimmed hair cut?

We are low in cash right now to take him to a barber :( until payday.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I've used a trimmer we bought at wal-mart and have one of those personal trimmers.
    Its like $40 + 10 for both parts, but its lasted over a year.
    We got the one with the colored trimmers, so my son can choice the color and how short his hair is.
    He hasn't gone to get an expense haircut in years.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• When you get the money invest in clippers. We paid like $30 at wal-mart for ours. I've been doing my son's hair since he was 2. Our first set even had a DVD or something that showed you how to give a proper hair cut. I usually just buzz it all off on the longest setting in the winter. I've learned to do the back some but he won't sit still long enough. In the summer I use a 1/2" setting and take it almost all off because he sweats so much.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Since I had my own son I just started cutting my own son's hair on my own and my oldest son is 9 now and I have three more children. Money is tight and I am finding that you got to do what you can do to save a buck.
    bcorbitt0901

Answer by bcorbitt0901 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2012