bringing home baby checklist

I am being induced of friday and Im going crazy trying get my house clean. Id like some ideas from others about what you cleaned before your baby came home. Since I dont know how to respong to the answers Ill thank you ahead of time, I appreciate all you input.

littleblackrose

Asked by littleblackrose at 12:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Anything you have the energy to clean, but one idea, recruit your friends and family to help with cleaning when you're bonding with your new baby. Also have them bring you food so you can focus on the baby.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Basically EVERYTHING. because you will not feel like doing anything once you get home... bottles sterilized, have every thing at the changing table you think you might need, cook some meals and freeze them, all of the babies clothes washed. I set up a area where I was going to give the baby a sponge bath(towels, rags, lotion, alcohol for the cord) sense you can't really bath them until the cord falls off.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Like the PP everything i just started in one room at a time and did like deep cleaning so i would not have to for a couple of weeks and then wen that rolled around there was not much to do. in the baby room make sure you have diappers, wet wipes, bed lenin cleaned, if you are breastfeeding extra breast pads, plenty of burp cloths in handy spots, if you are bottle feeding bottles all cleaned and sterlized. If you can buy some preprared food like stoffer meals or quick handy meals. Basicaly just enough so when you come home you will have several days where you have to do nothing but rest and take care of baby.
    garricksmommy

Answer by garricksmommy at 1:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had to make my husband do the cleaning with the last one. . . It was pretty funny. My best advice is to do some grocery shopping and maybe even freeze a meal or two so you don't have to think about it. Or budget a little extra for some takeout. Make sure you have easy nutritous meals on hand for all three meals especially if you are breastfeeding. I use those steam fresh bags and put leftover whole grain rice with veggies and seasonings and sprinkle the finished product with some toasted nuts. This actually freezes well (don't add the nuts till it comes out of the wave). Good luck and congrats on the new little angel!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• well first thing I did was wash all my baby's clothes and get that room clean and organized then everyday I made sure that I really deep cleaned one part of my home bathroom one day my room the next kitchen one day and then the living room. It was great because I didn't over work myself and at the end I had my whole apartment clean and I made sure that after I ate all my dishes were clean and that I really kept the apartment picked up. I went into labor and got home and it was fine didnt really have to clean cause everything was already cleaned.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008