Would you be mad if DH went to a baseball game with a female co-working while traveling on business?

My DH is traveling across the country with one of his female employees (he is her boss). The manager of the dept always travels with new employees on their first client visit, this is normal. Before he left for his trip he mentioned that our home baseball team would be playing in the city they are traveling to and they were thinking about going to a game. I got extremely upset and told him I did not like the idea of him going to a baseball game with another woman. He did not agree with me. My point is he is supposed to be there on business and there working, not playing (especially with a woman). What do you think? Am I over reacting? Would you be upset? Thanks.

MomOfTwo0308

Asked by MomOfTwo0308 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Do you trust him?
    What's the big deal?
    Its a baseball game infront of hundredes of fans. Not a slize bar for a night out on the town.
    What if they have a client dinner, do expect to tag along?
    It all boils down to trust.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yeah, I'd be upset. It sounds like a "date". I wouldn't mind if he went ALONE while he was there, but to go with the female accompanying him? No.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• wouldn't bother me at all, is he supposed to sit in the hotel room alone all night and miss me? My DH was on business last month and went to the aquarium with his coworker....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• im sorry your upset mama...idk what to say so i will give ya a bump <3
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 8:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't be upset. I trust my husband. Besides, if they are traveling together, it would be awkward to explain "I'm going out to the baseball game tonight, you stay here in the hotel by yourself."
    Telephus44

Answer by Telephus44 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No, there are no clients involved in this baseball game, just the two of them. And yes, I agree it has a lot to do with trust. I guess that is part of the problem. Another thing that I do not like about this trip is he left on a 5 am flight and the state he flew to is 3 hours behind us. They arrived at 1 pm and they did not plan on meeting with the client until tomorrow. Seems a bit strange. Of course he had an answer for everything I had to say. Anyway, thank you all for your responses.
    MomOfTwo0308

Comment by MomOfTwo0308 (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I would be very upset just see what happens if anything comes out of this later I would leave him.
    I would hate it bc he didn't have to tell you but I guess to be straight with you he did. only you know him better than we do
    Hang in there and GL You can only take so much of this traveling shit with woman I think that's BULL.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• a lot of people fly in the day before a meeting, my dh is leaving tuesday morning for a conference that starts on wednesday. if you have a trusting relationship what is the problem? and if you don't have a trusting relationship you would have a problem with whatever he does.... would it be ok if he went to dinner with her? how is that different than a baseball game?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Understand where you are coming from. My husband and I really haven't spent any quality time together since the kids were born...so yes, I would be upset that he's spending quality time with another woman at a baseball game. The thing is, if the companion is another female, or a balding male, or whatever, your husband will probably still go, right? It's about watching his favorite team, not about spending time with another woman. Emotionally I am with you completely, intellectually I'd say get over it...For practical purposes, get a baby sitter, go out that night with some girlfriends so you are doing something fun too. Before you know it, you'll be wanting him to go to the game more often so you can have more girls night out.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My husband goes out on business trips. One it's NORMAL for them to arrive the day BEFORE meeting with a client. It gives them one time to find the hotel, check in, and also figure out exactly how to get to where they are meeting the client, how long it will take to get there from the hotel, and time to rest so when they meet with the client the next day they are settled, ready, and well prepared. It looks better for the client, when they can arrive a little bit early to the meeting and are well rested. Second, I wouldn't care if he went to the baseball game if time allowed. The last business trip my husband wen to with female co-worker they went gambling.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2011