im so scared...

im 18 years old
i just found out im pregnant
me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years now
i still live with my parents and i kno that they are going to be really upset
i kno that have unprotected sex comes with consiquences so i dont want to hear that...i just need advice on how to tell them about it...what would be the best way???????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well this is how we told my mom... we walked in.. and my hubby (bf at the time) fell to the ground crying. hahah :) (he was really nervous)

my mom didn't yell or get mad.. she said she couldn't with him on the ground crying. LOL
    but its hard but it feels sooo much better once you tell them

I was in your shoes exactly! But my mom was a pastor so it was a little harder! LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Okay I know this is hard for you and your going to have to be the one to tell your parents.. I think that your boyfriend is part of this too.. so if you both get your parents together (Dinner time) maybe you could tell them. Or if you have a good communication with your mother then trust that she will be shocked and talk to her alone without anyone around... and just let it out... Moms are very good at listening to their children. I am a mother and I had my first baby at 23 but you just have to tell her and break the ice now before they think your stomack blows up and they find out later... Talk to them or your mom.. and she may get upset at first but trust me If she understands what's going on then you and your mom with be closer.. And as for your boyfriend if he's not going to be a man and step up to the plate and help then Dump him... They only want to get in you pants!!!
    lady_bug1975

Answer by lady_bug1975 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• well.... I did the same thing, but I was in college and had only been dating my hubby (bf at the time) for 4 months. Yeah THAT was fun. We left college in tenn and headed to ohio to tell my parents in person. They took it rather well.... of course there were tears and all that stuff but they weren't hard on us at all.... and my dad is a pastor so he had to deal with the church also. but once you tell them everything will be better even though right before you'll be extremely nervous
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am a nurse-midwife, and I hear this kind of thing all the time. I personally experienced this 20 years ago, and survived! My experience both personally and professionally is that parents deal with pregnancy very well. They love you and want the best for you. They have probably thought about this very situation and how they would respond....although they may be very upset and disappointed initially, they will come to accept this and will continue to love you and your child. Please let us know how things go for you!
    midwife-mom

Answer by midwife-mom at 12:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Straight up...start talking. Putting the inevitable off, only makes it worse.

MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 1:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Do your parents like your bf? Has your mom openly discussed bc with you? Does he come from a stable background? Then that's in your favor. I've told my kids that having sex, drinking are adult decisions no matter the age requires adult actions of any consequences of that. If you really feel you can't tell your parents yourself maybe with a counsellor, or minister. Thinking of you. whatever you decide to tell them you're still a good human.
    Anonymous

• well my situation was diffrent but before I tell you my situation, you should tell your parents and let them know any plans you have like keeping your job or getting one of you don't have one and maybe plans on wedding if thats what both you and your boyfriend want. In my situation I grew up a foster kid so I din't have my parents I had my mentor and her husband which were parent figueres to me. I told them I was pregnant when I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant and 18 and they were furious they kicked me out. I eventually had to get on my own two feet which I did and had my daughter without there help. I'm sure your parents will love your baby as much as they love you.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2008