PCOS and pregnancy?

My sister has PCOS and after 7 years of trying she is finally pregnant!! She went to her regular doctor for a blood test and she estimates that she is about 10-11 weeks along. She goes to a OB next week. Are there any other mom's who had PCOS? Did you have any problems? She is so scared right now. She is 30 and also very over weight. She hasn't been on any type of BC since she was like 18. She is also anemic, has van-willa-brans (Not sure the spelling....) and something with her insulin, btu she doesn't take her medications. *can you take metformin while pregnant?*

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have PCOS, I have two very healthy and active children. I took Metformin through most of my pregnancy as well. With my 2nd one, I did become gestational diabetic, but was able to control with diet, and didn't have to go on insulin. But yes, you can have normal pregnancies :) I'm so happy for her!!!!!
    Tealberi

Answer by Tealberi at 9:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I have PCOS and have had two delightfully healthy children.

I had rough pregnancies, but I don't think that was related in any way to PCOS (extreme nausea and sickness throughout both pregnancies); my OB certainly didn't think so.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2011