Out of state mother going through a divorce

I lived in Milwaukee my husband is very manipultive, vindictive and controlling...we got married in 06, he then filed for divorce in 07, 08 and 2010 where it has been going on for 14 mo. He kicked me and my older son out and changed the locks on the house the week on Christimas 2009. I had no family support and no money to get my own place so I moved out of state where I had family and friend support place a home where we are safe. I fly to WI every three months for court and nothing has been decided on. I feel my rights as a mother have been taken away. We both have attorneys, and a GAL and now a Social Worker. I have done nothing wrong here but marry an awful person.We were almost divorced last week but he wont settle on nothing. He has lied so much it makes me sick. Neither my attorney or the GAL believe him. None the less, I have very little rights to my son because I am out of state. Has anyone been through this same thing that could help me out with how to win and or get some respect from the courts?

tucsonmomof2

Asked by tucsonmomof2 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Hard one my ex is the one out of state. And from the sounds of it very similar to your soon2b ex. Do u have a good lawyer and what are he state laws? I hope he best for you. Counseling is also helping me out as well.
    Jennhv

Answer by Jennhv at 9:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I feel for you. I am currently going through a divorce and trying to move with my three girls 9,7, and 6 out of state to be with parents and cheaper to live, free babysitters since parents do not work, jobs lined up but so far soon to be ex will not agree to anything. Do not know why since also better for him. He can visit them or they can and all depends on the court and waiting right now for a date. Feel free to write anytime and I will listen and try to be there for you any way I can.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 9:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• what do you mean you have little rights to your son? how many children do you have? you just stated you and your older son were kicked out, he is not living with you now or are you talkinga bout another child?
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011