Anyone ever deal with postpartum migraines with auras/headaches?

Anyone ever have to deal with migraines with auras/headaches that happen ONLY after having a baby? This is my 3rd baby and I got a few with my first child (a son), and then got them for about 6 weeks right after having my 2nd child (a daughter), and here I am 10 days out from having my 3rd child (a daughter) and I have had them everyday. The usually begin with an aura. It sucks... I wish I knew what causes them or how to handle them better. I am interested to know if anyone else has had a similiar experience.

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 9:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Health

• Did you get an Epi?? If so you probably need a blood patch... call your doc and ask for one due to the headaches!! If not call your doc anyways... sounds like you need to get to the bottom of it!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I agree with the previous poster. If you had an epidural or any spinal injections that can cause headaches. I suffered daily tension headaches after my second, but not migraines. Not any less painful, just different. Those didn't start until a few months out though. Call your doc. Just in case. If it get really severe go to the ER. Most headaches are harmless but there is always a chance of a more serious issue with rapid onset severe headaches. I feel your pain, mine just let up within the past year and my ds is 5!
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No- this is not from an epidural... I know that for sure.
    newmamanew2town

Comment by newmamanew2town (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2011