why are people who are not mothers part of this site?

Women who are not yet mothers but are just TTC and women who have lost children but are not currently mothers.......if they can be part of this group then why not single dads (who, actually have children to take care of)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I don't think just getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant makes you a mom or dad, what about all the moms and dads that can't get pregnant. I think its more like a state of mind jmo
    shelia3

Answer by shelia3 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Why do you have to be a mother to be apart of CM? I do not get it...
    There are groups about relationships and other stuff on here...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• you are a very ignorant person if you ask me...

and maybe there are no dads on here because its called "CafeMOM"... i personally wouldnt have a problem with men being on here too... id like to see some dads on here so they would be able to talk about their point of view about some things.

and just for your information.. i lost a child too. i have had a miscarriage a few years ago... but that still made me a mother. just because my child died, doesnt mean im not a mother. Now i have a daughter. She is my first born, but my 2nd child.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• "Why do you have to be a mother to be apart of CM? I do not get it..."

Apparently I don't either. I just figured with a name like Cafe Mom the one and only requirement should be that you are a mom. If it doesn't matter if you are a mom then dads should be welcomed.

M.robertson811, if it makes you feel better to name call then that is okay. I was just asking a valid question.
    Anonymous

• So my next question is this,

If getting someone pregnant doesn't necessarily make a man a dad, then how does simply being pregnant make a woman a mom?
    Anonymous

• you seem to be very immature and you obviously dont know what it means to be pregnant... for me it meant that im a MOM to be.. and already had as much responsibility for my unborn child like i have now when my daughter is 17months old. As soon as you become pregnant you are kind of a mother.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was a nanny for 8 years...I have always taken care of children all my life...I did not become a mother until I was 36 years old...I still don't think that you need to be a "MOM" to be on here.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• exactly... everybody can be on here... being a mother or father starts with "Trying to conceive"...

thats why i said the woman who posted this question is immature and ignorant. And i think she knows that what she says is stupid, because otherwise she wouldnt hide behind the "anonymous"-button ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Okay, you've "called me out" I won't "hide" behind the anon button. Though, I will point out that I asked a question, never made any statements or judgments or even answered my own question. It was a question that was brought to mind because of something else I came across. I never name called, I never said that a particular person should or should not be a member on this site. I understand that sometimes we allow our responses to be shaped by personal expereince, and this explains why we give angry or bitter responses to simple, rather benign questions. Thanks for the responses who gave their opinion without the need to tell me how immature or ignorant I am. I understand that m.robertson811 has issues with my question because of her past expereinces and that is okay, too. As it turns out I am just mature enough to accept that.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 1:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• ok.. so you are a mother yourself.. did you not feel like a mother already when you were pregnant?! because i did.. and millions of other mothers felt like a mommy already when they were "only" pregnant.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008