How many teeth did your child lose before age 10?

lobraysmom

Asked by lobraysmom at 9:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• my daughter will b 8 next month & it has been 4 already
    BrandiM189

Answer by BrandiM189 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• DS is 6 and has lost 5 so far and has one more that is really loose. Every child is different, though.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• my son is going to be 6 in a couple of weeks and he has lost 7 so far....hope that helps somehow :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My son who will be 10 in a few days has only lost his 4 front top teeth and his 4 bottom front teeth. All the rest of the teeth in his mouth are baby teeth and are FIRMLY planted in his mouth. My daughter on the other hand who is 9 (turn 9 almost 2 months ago) has lost the same 8 teeth as my son, plus 2 more on her bottom left hand side. She just lost her 10th tooth two nights ago. That's why I also know my son's teeth are FIRMLY in his head. I did a wiggle test on him after my daughter lost one.

When I went to the dentist 3 months ago, I commented him to him about how they still have all their baby teeth. He gave me the chart and told my kids were NORMAL!! He said this is what they PREFER to see. According to the chart some of the baby teeth "shouldn't" come out until the child is like 13-14.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• here is a link to a chart similar to what my dentist gave me: When to baby teeth fall out.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My son has lost a ton of teeth over the last 4 weeks...he just turned 10, I want to say that he has lost about 16. 4 top front, 4 bottom front, then 1st 2 mollers on both sides top and bottom. I could be off by 1 or 2.
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You know what...I take that back...it's not both moellers top and bottom both sides...it's the eye tooth and 1st mollers.
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My son is 12 and has only lost 8 teeth. He didn't lose his first until he was in 3rd grade. His dentist took xrays to be sure that there were adult teeth present to grow in (there were). He is just a baby tooth retainer, I guess. However, he does not drink soda/tea/coffee, does not chew gum, eats very little candy and no cereal. He drank lots of milk in his earlier years; perhaps, this pseudo-form of dental health has helped.
    giraffeGIRL68

Answer by giraffeGIRL68 at 2:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2011