Need advice and tips to potty train my 2yr old boy

My 2yr old wont go on the potty. he is afraid of it. He is ready to be potty trained cause he tells me he has to pee when he is outside but then when I tried letting pee out side he just stood there, a couple minutes later he went and played and peed all over himself. Please help me

kmarie08

Asked by kmarie08 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that's pretty little. my 2 boys were over 3 before they had it. boys take longer than girls
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Oh really see alot of people told me that he shoulf be potty trained
    kmarie08

Comment by kmarie08 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I just recently pottied trained my 2 year old. He was 27 months old when we started. by 28 months he was fully trained. I just started taking my son to the potty every 15 min and worked our way up to letting him just tell me when he had to go. It took him about a month. With the being afraid you might just have to talk to him about how the potty isn't scary. My son used to be scared and we just talked a lot about the potty and bought a training ring for the toilet so he didn't feel like he was falling in and a step stool so his feet didn't just dangle. Good luck and whatever you try to do be consistent with it.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• my daughter is almost 4 (in october) & has only been potty trained for a month so may be a litte early still for him but my DD did the EXACT same thing for like a year, it was getting really frusterating & everyone told me "she'll do it when she is ready" & i was like ugh whatever, but they were right... i mean still try everyday... bring him potty when you go OR take him like every 45 minute just to get used to going & sitting on the potty & when he is on the potty, have him sit there for a bit & maybe read a book or sing a song with him & maybe that will help him get used to the potty & the idea of the potty & who knows maybe when he's sitting there & your reading or singing, he will just go & not realize it :) good luck !
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 2:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• try adding cereal potty tell him pee on them
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011