Separation and Religion

My husban and I were separated and he took our son to get baptised behind my back...I thought this had to be a choice between both of us not just one...Im suprised the church even did it. This was to show control simple by him. We are now going through a divorce. Please dont get me wrong I am baptised Luthern and so is my older son, I have nothing against having God into my life. I just want to get others opinion.

tucsonmomof2

Asked by tucsonmomof2 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• He wanted to get under your skin and he did.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Any situation where someone manipulates the trappings of faith for vengeance speaks volumes. It's petty, but have you considered talking to his pastor about exactly why he did it? Perhaps having a neutral 3rd party point out what he's done would allow the gravity of it to sink in, where hearing it from you is something he can write off as divorce drama.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Once divorced and legal custody arrangements have been made then most of the time you do have to have permission from both parents. However, since you weren't divorced that isn't the case, and who knows what he told the church. A few years ago we found out that my step son's mom was telling people in her church that her husband was SS's dad, we had to contact the leader of the church directly and provided him w/a copy of the court order showing he had joint legal. Now if she wants ANYTHING done they need a written and signed statement from DH.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 9:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I think it's lame that he took a special event and excluded you (which also hurts the child) to annoy you....
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Very petty and lame indeed.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• You should have been there. That is something you should have been able to share with your son.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 3:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Unless your son is old enough to understand what the ceremony signified, it's just a meaningless ritual. An empty gesture.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011