our wants

so,..me and my husband have an 18 month old daughter,..and i would love to have another one,..but hes talking about getting a vasectomy...HELP i dunno what to say,..he says he never wants anymre children..i dont think ill be happy with that,..i loved being pregant...i just an scared i wont be able to expierence thta again.

amysmomma505

Asked by amysmomma505 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My husband was the same way. He said he didn't want anymore children. Well, I just gave him some time and didn't bug him about it. He knew how I felt; that I wanted one more, so I didn't feel the need to cry and make a scene. My daughter just turned 3 and he had a change of heart and now I'm 2 months pregnant! He just needed some time with his thoughts. Find out exactly why your husband doesn't want another child and address those specific issues. My husband didn't want to go through the infant stage again...even though he slept every night and barely changed a diaper LOL. Yeah...it was real hard on "him". I did complain a lot about all of the responsibility and I figured out that was his worry...me complaining and us fighting because of it. I've convinced him that I'm an expert now and have grown as a mother and the constant fighting is unlikely to happen.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 12:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• When I had my 8yr old son I vowed to NEVER have anymore children. 7 yrs later we planned to have our 17mth old little girl. I think you should really talk to him and get put on the Mirana or something explain that the Mirana lasts up to 10 years and if you decide to have another child you can take it out. Encourage him that this is a perfect option until he is 100% sure. I decided to have another child after seein all the little cheerleaders at my son football games. I am happy that I made that choice. Explain to him how important it is to you if he would wait a few years and let you get on birth control. I hope this helps!!
    determind

Answer by determind at 12:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My dh says all the time that "ones enough" and "why should we have another we got a good one" and stuff like that but the other day I said "what if I was pregnant" b/c I kinda thought I might be and he said "o well.. it would be fine" and smiled so.. I know he wants another one. He loves kids and I think after two one of us will get "fixed"! Just discuss it with him further, especially if you both had siblings. Thats what I told my DH. I wanted our DD to have a bro or sis at least.
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Talk to him. Tell him you don't want to exclude the possibility for now because you'd really like to have another child. Its more likely he will change his mind than you will change yours.
    Anonymous