PROS AND CONS about finding out the sex or keeping it a surprise!?

sydney1026

Asked by sydney1026 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have the option of finding out with my first and it made shopping hard. I found out with my second and it made the pregnancy much more fun. I think its a surprise no matter when you find out.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Pros- you'll know what to buy, how to decorate the room, you'll be able to prepare yourself mentally knowing whether you'll be raising a boy or girl
    Cons-umm....I don't think there are any
    I found out with all 4 of mine.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• For me, knowing I was having a son made me bond with him faster. "The baby" was no longer "the baby" or "it" (I hate that!) I felt like I knew him long before I had him. I can't think of any cons.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I also found out with both mine... I chose to find out so I was able to prepare.
    mommasboys2926

Answer by mommasboys2926 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i love knowing i'm having a boy and now i can call him by his name not the baby can't think of any cons
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• didn't find out with first, found out with second (only because I was so sure of her sex I had to find out- I could not be proven wrong after feeling so certain for the whole 9 months). With this one I think we'll keep it a surprise. Nothing compares to hearing gender of your baby the moment their born. So amazing!
    Anonymous

• I'm keeping the gender of my baby a surprise. Shopping for clothing has been difficult, there is only so much green, yellow, frogs and duckies you can take lol.
    Decorating the nursery isn't that bad. I would go neutral even if I did know just so I could use it again for the next baby (this is my first) same with strollers and other items.
    I'm excited for when I finally do have my baby to hear the Dr say "it's a girl or boy."
    Though, I have such a strong feeling that I am having a boy that I have even slipped and used the name I picked out if it is a boy lol. I'll find out in October if my intuition is right or not.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• the pros are you can buy cut lil girl out fits or all lil blue out fit dont really have to worry bout by gender names things like that cons idk any i always found out this will b my 2nd! good luck with your choice!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• cons- ultrasounds are not proven safe or harmful for the unborn fetus. we know that excessive ultrasounds can be harmful...where is that line? i would only do what is medically necessary.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Con of finding out - they're not always right! I know plenty of people who were told wrong, including myself - my 2nd was supposed to be a boy, came out a girl.
    Anonymous