I have been sooo waiting for a commercial about this EXACT THING!! adult content

And, I wish I had brought this exact idea to a producer, as I have said it for years. Ok, go onto YouTube, and look up Not Acceptable R-Word. There are a few vids, so look for the one with a little girl with Downs, and the female coach from Glee. It will start with a black man sitting in a cafe, and he looks in the camera and says that it's not acceptable to call him a nigger. It goes on....it's a great commercial.

I saw it on HLN this weekend.

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The R-Word campaign has been around for a few years now. You can read more on it here:

http://r-word.org/

They have an official day for it every March.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• But, I haven't seen a commercial for it. And for it to be so...like this. It's about time, IMHO.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• The girl plays "Becky", a recurring role on Glee, and I think it's a great way to use the popularity of the show to promote something besides Journey's greatest hits. :-)

(One of the things I love about Becky on Glee is how she is so sweetly evil!)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I saw that commercial the other day too.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2011