Any other mom dealing with a child with hip dysplasia?

My daughter Katelyn was born with hip dysplasia. She was put in a brace for 3 months and then never did anything after that. Now she 16 months and she cant walk. She is only able to stand for a few minutes at a time because her legs give out all the time. I went to Childrens Hopital in Boston, Ma and they told me that there is nothing wrong with her and that its normal. Now I am her mother with her everyday I would know if somethings wrong and these doctors are saying nothing. Its so frustrating. All I want is my little girl to walk thats it. But all these doctors that I have seen (5) say the same thing. Is there any one else gong through what I am going through.

amackie1985

Asked by amackie1985 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Health

• I had hip dysplasia when I was a baby. They put a super thick diaper on me and apparentley it fixed it. I occasionally will feel my hip pop out but that's rare. I'm sorry that your doctor's aren't listening. Keep trying until you find one that will listen.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• At 16 months she should have been in therapy or under a therapists care. Contact Early Intervention for your state ASAP.. they can assess your daughter and provide therapy.
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008