How do I get my Husband more involved in my pregnancy?

jclegg

Asked by jclegg at 9:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• ask him questions of what he would like for the nursery or get him involved in choosing certain things. Do things for your pregnancy like breathing classes that require for him to go
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Good luck, I tried with mine, he has to want to. Don't get me wrong, once the baby came into the world, he's the best Dad and bonded great with all his babies, but as far as the pregnancy went, he thought it looked kinda gross that my stomach was moving.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• What do you want him to do?? You have to do all the actual "work". Have him go to your appointments with you?? Other then that what can he do?? Paint the nursery, put the crib together?? I got nothing, sorry.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I tried to get my Dh involved in my pregnancy the first go round. He made it to appointments, loved hearing the heartbeat and also seeing the ultrasound, but wouldn't read the pregnancy books or even stay awake for me to read them to him. He's more involved this time and the only difference is this time I'm not nagging him to be involved. He already talks to the baby in my belly and it surprises me because last time I would beg him and he'd refuse! I guess it's expectations. If you don't expect him to be involved, then any involvement he does have is a surprise and it's very thoughtful.

I can't say that you're nagging him, that was my problem. Maybe just ease up and focus more on having him involved once the baby comes. There's really not much a guy can do while you're pregnant except help make your life easier.

My suggestions are to go to a labor class with him so he knows what to do when you're in labor, go to a breastfee
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 7:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• ...breastfeeding class with him if that's your chosen method. And also, see if there are any dads classes he can sign up for.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 7:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2011