I am watching the Weiner confession, why should his wife stay after such a short marriage and this is out already

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• This is between him and her.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Her decision. Every couple has their problems, theirs just happened to be broadcast.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I'm sure if everyone you knew had their marital dirt aired you would be surprised how many try to stay together vs. Walking away.

I know quite a few people who have worked through an affair that materialized after many years of a relationship. Some survived, some didn't. I can't say as much about affairs that were going on at the time of the marriage - they all ended the relationship. To fix something, there has to be something to fix, first. He's been doing this as long as they've been married.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• To each their own....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• wow, anon, some of us actually marry for emotional reasons rather than just fiscal ones.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Power. I personally wouldn't, but look at women like Elizabeth Edwards, or every woman married or related to a Kennedy. It's a question of their personal priorities, and the concept of women who marry for fame, money and/or power isn't anything new.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• She is in shock and it will take some time for her to make her decision to leave the jerk...but leave him she will. He should resign because of two things: 1. lack of judgment and 2. Leaving himself open to blackmail. Our enemies are always looking for weak spots and legislators to blackmail are at the top of their list.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 10:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• What I mean to say is what benefits would be there for her so early in this marriage for her to stay like for instance the income the job benefits that sort of stuff or is cutting her losses early a better ideal
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well that is really for her to decide. I have no clue what the dynamics are of their relationship. They could have an open relationship. You never know.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well if your judging your marriage based on income and lifestyle then there is something wrong to begin with.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2011