Is it ok that the baby doesn't kick only moves (31 weeks) also what is this my belly gets hard and it hurts my hips?

first question is this baby hasn't been kicking lately, but I still feel her moving and I can see like a body part cross my belly is this ok that I don't feel her kick, but I still feel her move? My other question is my belly keeps getting like hard, but it is weird because like around my belly button will be all flat and soft and the rest of the belly will be hard to were my hips hurt and my belly feels like it can't strech anymore. It is like this everytime I sit I have to move to get it to go away. What is this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• As long as you feel movement you're fine. There's less room to move in there now! And it does sound like you are having Braxton Hicks contractions or "false labor." Usually these contractions are erratic and will go awa if you get up and do something. If they strengthen or you start to notice they are coming at regular intervals call your OB just in case.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• for me, the hard belly was contractions. try to take it easy if you can. be sure to drink plenty of water and keep your stress to a minimum. i had one baby at 32 weeks, because i didn't know those were contractions that i was having. i also started getting them at 5 months during another pregnancy, but that was twins! With extra care i carried them full term.
    the baby moving is fine, there don't have to be kicks.
    good luck to you mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• all normal.. they call it kicking but it really is just movement...
    Belly situation is normal, probably slight contractions and the hip pressure is normal too.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 10:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• ur baby is fine if shes moving... the baby could be pushing on ur belly button to make it feel that way. hips hurting is normal theres a child inside of you and she is runnin out of room. Its a normal pregnancy.,
    Anonymous

• yeah it's contractions
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I also been getting pain in my private area and I get that especially when I walk like if we are at the store or something
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• are your pains kinda like sharp shock feelings? i had those and my dr said it was baby hitting a nerve ending down there because he was moving around to get head down. and your belly being hard sounds like braxton hicks. i had those from about 25 weeks on. hang in there mama!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 10:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• in my private they are like sharp to were I sometimes have to like put my legs together not to be gross, but almost to were I want to grab my private, but in public I can't do that lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• yep thats exactly the pains i was having. you're so close though....before you know it, baby will be here and those weird pains and aches will only be a memory!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 11:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2011