Ex sending pictures of their kids would you be ok with it?

If you had been dating this man for a couple months and you were getting serious would this bother you? I believe they are talking to each other and texting more than he lets me know. He says its about the kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Do you have reason to not trust him?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• It depends. If he hasn't given me a reason to not trust then I'm not going to speculate anything.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No, I would not be bothered by his ex sending pictures of his kids to him. I would want to be with a man who is involved with his children, and that would show me he is involved.

Honestly, I don't see how you make the connection between the pictures and them talking/texting more than he tells you. It sounds to me like 2 totally unrelated things. And if he's done nothing to make you think he can't be trusted, I see no reason (based on what you wrote here) to not trust him.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Well it is based on a couple things he told me. He said she wanted all of us to go to the zoo together with the kids (her included). It just feels weird to me. Also she said she wanted to keep his last name, they haven't got their divorce or seperation yet. Lastly, she sent him a private message on facebook saying she didn't want to see him get hurt talking about dating again. These are the reasons I feel the way I do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Well, keeping his last name doesn't seem all that unusual to me. They have kids, she just wants to have the same last name as her kids, and unless he'd be willing to let her change the kids last names, her keeping his is the only way to make that happen. The zoo thing...seems a bit odd, but I suppose she could just be trying to be nice, maybe show the kids that they don't need to feel caught in the middle. The message on Facebook...well, how long ago was it? And even if it was recent, she could just be deluding herself into thinking that he would be more bothered by her dating than he really would be. Have you tried talking to him about all this? It really seems like one of those things that you either could be making too much out of nothing or it could be a legitimate concern. Talk to him and see what he says.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• well i wouldn't be going to no zoo if she was tagging along. that's a definite no-no. texting her would be okay if it was about the kids, anything else is a no-no. and if they are arent' even starting the process of divorce then you shouldn't even be in the picture my lady. you are probably a rebound woman. i would sit him down and tell him why hasn't he started the process? and as far as her keeping his last name who cares, i kept my ex's last name because my maiden name is too long. LOL. so you need to figure out what you need to do in this relationship.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I do agree with the rebound thing, maybe I am just paranoid. He didn't think it was weird about the zoo but I definately will not be rushing into this relationship til I know that she will stay gone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Only if it's about the kids would I be okay with it period!
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 7:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2011