Baby shower venting

I am having  baby shower party this month and my SIL is planning on bringing her baby to the gathering. the invitation specifically stated its a ladies day and that husband and children should stay at home. I am kinda upset because I only asking for an hour celebration for me and feel all the attention will be on her. I don't want to feel resentful but I do. I know that i am being emotional about the situation, how should I react the day of shower to prevent my anger from showing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Tel her that u would appreciate it if she honored your wishes,ladies only!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• If you said so on the invitation then everyone should respect your wishes. Speak to her and remind her of what the invite stated.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• isn't there someone else that could talk to this woman about not bringing the baby? this is your day, she should respect that. Did the host tell her it was ok to bring the baby?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Ask your husband to babysit his nephew/niece for the duration of the shower... It will give him a bit of time with a baby, and it will keep your party to the requested "ladies only."
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• How old is the baby? Is he/she exclusively breastfed?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• to butterflyblu19- No she has been bottle feeding since birth and has her husband feeding the baby at night so she can sleep since he was a newborn.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2011