How do you tell your DH he needs to lose some weight?

My DH has been putting on pounds throughout the years. He's at 300 and is considered obese. Don't get me wrong I'm no size 5 but I try to keep myself up. He becomes upset when i talk to him about his weight and my feelings towards it. I don't want him to be skinny but I want him to be healthy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• No matter what, just make it clear that you DO love him no matter what and support him all the way. You just want him to live a healthy and long life. Tell him ya'll can do this together! GL My fiance and I need to lose weight also. It's gonna be a long, hard road.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Honestly, he knows he needs to lose weight. He knows he is obese. He knows how you feel about it. It's in his hands and not something you can control.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well, think of how you would want him to say it to you if you were in his position. Tell him how much you love him and want to spend many more years together. Explain that you love him no matter what but you are scared that his health is in jepordy because of his weight. Do you guys eat well? Maybe changing up what you eat a little? And you could start walking together. Just once a day take a nice walk together. It will be good for your relationship and health!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Do you do all the grocery shopping and food preparation? Start there.

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Just like that, 'You need to lose weight'
    If he doesn't want to listen why don't you show him a picture of when he was thinner so he could see how much he has changed.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• "I'm worried about you, and I want you to be here for me and our kids down the road".....
    My DH has been unofficially diagnosed with Diabetes so this has been on my mind a lot lately. Be honest.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Then talk to him about it from a "health" angle. That you love him and want him to be around for a long, long time. Be gentle but make your point. Sounds like he's self-conscious and a little frustrated about it himself.
    Best of Luck!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Diet and exercise together.
    Anonymous

• Honey let's going walking together and start making his lunch.
    Mrs.Sparkle

Answer by Mrs.Sparkle at 11:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I was really overweight I have lost 470 now I have 60 more to go maybe it starts small like walks and maybe swimming or dancing or even family walks get the kids involved as well .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2011