Do you remember??

I am posting this Anon b/c it is not about me and what I did. It's about a mom, I will call "Blanket Momma". I belong to Freecycle.org and she posted that she had five cold kids that needed blankets. My heart went out to her. I knew we had more than enough blankets, so I went thru the whole house looking for all of the ones I could give her. Then I went thru my storage and kids closets for any and all clothes we could offer her. I came up with 11 thirty gallon bags of clothes, shoes, toys, etc for her. We agreed to meet halfway between us we are 40 miles apart. I got there b/4 she did and ran in to the gas station to get the milk we needed at home. I figured she had 5 kids at home and could probably use some milk for them too so I got an extra gallon. I also thought that the kids might like a candy cane, so I picked out 5 of those as well.

cont'd

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Holidays

• I've been shipping my daughter's clothes as she outgrows them to a woman with a daughter slightly younger.

I also donate to the Salvation Army at every store I go to, every time I go. And also donate to the food thing at the grocery store every trip.

One of my biggest joys is giving away my hand crocheted baby blankets to moms in need when they don't know that's what I'm sending. I make them out of boredom with no owner in mind and suddenly someone appears either online or in person and it's like "WOW that blankie is for them..."
    Anonymous

• Blanket Momma showed up and when I opened my car door to get the things she started to cry. I told her that I will contact her again when I have more things for her.

When was the last time you remembered to share some of your abundance? I can't describe the joy I felt knowing this mom is grateful for what we shared. I don't have much, heck, I don't have anything! But I had some stuff not being used and well, now it has a new home. :)
    Anonymous

• Please remember to pass on the spirit. No matter what you believe or don't believe, there are people out there worse off than you no matter how bad your situation is. Thanks for listening. Happy Holidays, Hanakah, Yule, Winter, EVERYTHING! lol
    Anonymous

• That's awesome Anon 12:03! I wish I knew how to crochet. Maybe I would have a life other than CM!
    Anonymous

• I beleive there is a special place in heaven for kind souls such as yourself. Good Bless you and thank you for the reminder. Your story brought tears to my eyes.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 1:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• that is awsome!! i gave all my son's baby clothes to a poor fam that was not planning for kids and had no money for it and now i am pregs again but everyone is excited to buy more baby clothes! it all works out.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was at a circle k - gas station. I went inside and bought me and my hubby breakfast and drinks. I never carry cash on me, and a homeless man asked me for some change outside. I said I'm sorry but I don't have any cash on me. He thanked me anyway and went and checked the phones for quarters. I was in my car and realized that I could live without the donuts and gatorade so I rolled down my window and asked him if he was hungry, he said yes. I gave him the little bit of food and his whole face lit of and kept repeating God bless you, God bless you. That's the only reason I ever do it, is to see how these people with absolutely nothing are so greatful for something so small. Next time you see a homeless person buy an extra pack of chips and a soda for them, it will make their whole day brighter! God bless!!
    Anonymous

• one time I saw a homeless man on the side of the street right by the grocery store I was a teen still in high school but I knew we had food in the house I could bring him I went home made him a sandwich chips snacks a drink, a nice lil lunch bag but when we went back like maybe half hour to an hour later he was gone...It was the first time I had seen someone like that in my area and it made me wonder if he was really poor or just trying to scam people. So how can you tell if theyre are really in need or not, Id like to help what lil I can but Im 21 with a new baby and living w my mom I dont have alot to give but when I do give I want it to be to someone who really needs it. I dont want to be taken advantage of.
    youngmum87

Answer by youngmum87 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had a horrible year finacially. I ended up having to move back with my parents. But my mom was so nice about things, she took my daughter and I shopping for some new clothes etc. I ended up going through my clothes and taking out what didn't fit anymore and all the things from my apartment I just didn't have room for here and giving them to other friends going threw similar hard times. I am lucky enough to have parents like I do, but most of my friends aren't.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• youngmum87: I am the OP and I can appreciate your stance on wanting to help truly needy people. Here's something that I like to do when I can....I contact my local homeless/domestic violence shelter, social services, or out reach programs and let them know what I have, the condition it is in ("gently used infant snowsuit, etc") and that I really want a needy person to receive it.

cont'd
    Anonymous