So broke.......I just wanna cry

I can't sleep either. My husband has been cut hours and we just don't have enough money any more. We are always tight in the summer but he has never been cut hours. I have been a stay at home mom since my almost 4 yr old was a year old. I have tried applying for jobs but just don't have any luck. I do watch 2 part time families but only make 50 a week if that. We are so stressed and just don't know that to do. We just filled bankruptcy the end of last year because of some major house issues. Ugh I just wanna cry!! Any advice? We live in mn

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• mommyofone I just posted a similiar question a few minutes ago. I hope it gets better for you and me. How was it filing bankruptcy? I am considering this.. what are the expenses?
    Anonymous

• im srry you have to go threw this and u are not alone.I'm a sahm and looking for a job too,times are very hard for us and were barely escaping foreclosure.but ive been taking dept management classes at my local library.they have helped me out and give me guidance on budgeting and how to manage dept.maybe see if you could find something like that.i hope things get better=)

twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• have you tried day cares? most day cares will hire competent, clean women and let their children go for free or reduced amount. seriously try ALL the daycares in your town/city.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No advice, we have money issues right now too and i dont even know about DDs bday in 2 weeks, cant get my sons got mom a shower gift for her first baby, and bought all my food on cards in the past month. All we can do is hope it all runs its course and we find a way to fix it. I'll cross my fingers you find a job. I'm hopeful about the most recent one I applied for. I well qualified though its only min wage, and I like the field!
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 11:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• If he got cut hrs why doesn't he get another easy, quick job, like McDonald's or something? It's not the greatest obviously but it sure will help!
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• hugs

ADVICE:  DO NOT get caught up in people telling you that you can make money online! I would suggest on Kim Komando http://www.komando.com/ and Clark Howard http://www.clarkhoward.com/ for legit places!!! Sceened... not some faceless stranger telling you to make a quick buck???

And know the nation feels your same pain!!! My husband's first job cut hours, than his second job cut pay in half... than for no reason all credit cards went from 9% to 25-30%, one greedy bank sent a letter stating when they bought the company they needed a bigger profit? We were burning the wick at both ends for a while

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I can't spell... sign to get my butt to B~E~D
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• You arent alone :/
    C.Parrish

Answer by C.Parrish at 1:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• first you should charge more for the kids u are watching. I get $75 a week for the 7 yr old Im watching and I live in GA which is a VERY cheap state.

Apply for foodstamps if u havent already.

Keep looking for a job! I have been actively looking for a job for 16 months and STILL havent found one....but I am not quitting.

Sale anything u can. We had to last year...it sucked. But it got us through another month.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Hate to say it - but I think you are part of the majority ~ cut expenses anywhere you can ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011