What does comfort mean during pregnancy? What is it for you?

I am planning on introducing a new apparel line for pregnant women and would like to understand the specific needs expecting moms have. I guess one of the top needs would be comfort. What does it entitle? Is it different feeling comfortable when pregnant? What does comfort mean to you? Thanks for your help

kummer_cynthia

Asked by kummer_cynthia at 12:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Clothes wise...comfort is having an under tank top that has a built in bra that is really sturdy so my girls stay put, pants that sit on my hips but dont' sag in my butt, and tops that are long enough. Also, cotton, breathable panties and thongs (yes, I sport thongs when I'm pregnant LOL) and sturdy bras with underwire and one without for the nighttime. Cute nighties are great too.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 1:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Tops that are long enough with sleeves that are long enough are a big deal. I actually had trouble finding a fitted sweater when I was pregnant with my daughter. I wanted nothing more than to find a fitted pink fuzzy sweater and I had to settle for a baggy one.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 4:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had a problem finding jeans that were cute and fit right and I had a zip up jacket from old navy I loved when i was pregnant
    lglorioso

Answer by lglorioso at 11:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I find it difficult finding pajama and lounge pants without the elastic or half elastic pinching me. As well as a fuller sized sleeping/ sports bra that is truly comfortable.
    Dreamforbb

Answer by Dreamforbb at 1:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i liked the shirts that tied in the back and were a little more sung around the boob area and bigger for the belly. also longer.... i was small but my belly was so big that the shirts didnt cover my boobs
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• sorry didnt cover my belly lol i was watching tv and typing
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I am pregnant right now and every shelf-bra tank top in the whole world is too small for my boobs. They fit in the tummy, they are almost long enough, but even with a regular bra on, the shelf portion is toooo short! Most maternity sleep bras are the same way too. I'm a 34 I now and It is IMPOSSIBLE to find a tank/undershirt that fits. Also, I couldn't spend more than 10 bucks per top. (something like a support tank that helps support {and cover} the boobies, back, and the baby bump would be great!) GL with your clothing line!

LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 1:56 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Comfort, breathable material, and modern fabric prints (out with the old-fashioned).
    The long tanks with sturdy built-in bras are very important - especially if they are not see-through.
    Button-down blouses that don't look like tents yet fit over the boobs and belly.
    Pants that not only fit on the hips, but also don't sag in the butt and the crotch.
    Stylish slip-on shoes with low soles that have no-slip soles and cushioned inner soles.
    Sleeves without tight elastic fittings. If there are elastic cuffs, then make them loose.
    Bras with cups that grow with the size of the woman's breasts.
    Tummy panels that aren't obvious - can't they be camouflaged somehow?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2008