Single Father Drinks raising two young children?

I know a single father of two small children 3yrs and 6yrs.. He sometimes gets his fustrations out with alcohol preferbly with a 40 of budweiser. He is just my friend but will call and call and critisize me over the phone for nothing... and yell at his kids and call them names that are inapropriate... What can I do to help him.. His kids are good kids and they are two of the six grown that he has.. He got custody of his two kids but he is doing wrong be drinking in front of them.. I have seen it and I just take a different direction to his problem.. and stay out of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• 1 40 oz? not a big deal...

sorry but I know plenty of moms who enjoy a glass of wine or a mixed drink.

If it's just 1 40oz, then I think his problems are elsewhere, not the alcohol.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that drinking is a problem infront of kids if it is done in moderation but it sounds to me like this is bigger than a 40oz
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• doesn't sound any different from having a glass of wine in the evening, and how many moms here do that? the name calling and critizing are the real problem, but all you can do is confront him.
    Anonymous

• He;s probably stressed to his core. Offer to take the kids once in a while. Ask him if he'd like any relief, or help. Its hard raising kids by ones self, let alone a dad doing it.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 9:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2008