What age is typical to start on stage 3 babyfoods?

My daughter is 9 mos. and i have a couple of jars.. is she too young?

Babywinx

Asked by Babywinx at 8:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• definitely not. id say to go ahead and let her try them. my son was eating some adult food by the time he was 9 months old
    TattooedBeauty

Answer by TattooedBeauty at 9:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I didn't go based on what age they said to do it. Use your best judgement...if you think she can handle a more thicker/ new texture- go for it. Never hurts to try.
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 9:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I never bothered. I just started giving her well cut-up people foods along with the stage 2 foods at meals. I then just slowly transitioned out of the baby foods.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I dont think so... My son was eating soft table foods at 10 months. Just see how she does, and if she needs more time, then wait. No two kids are the same. You will know best.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• 12 MOUNTH OR A YEAR OR MORE
    Anonymous

• My DD is 11 months old and I give her "big people" food along with stage 2 foods. I found the stage 3 foods to be similar to tiny pieces of adult foods. To me it's more of a convience.
    newmomkim

Answer by newmomkim at 10:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2008