What is the best kind of thermometer?

I have a "Safety 1st" brand thermometer and is SUCKS! It takes for ever to get a read and it doesn't beep when it's done. My baby just screams while I am doing it! I had to wait until he was asleep to take his temp and I just sat here for 15 minutes and the stupid thing never beeped. My doc is annoyed with me for not having an accurate temp. What is the most accurate and fastest thermometer I can get and where can I find it?? HELP!

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 1:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I also have a temple to temple one. I have the Exergen Comfortscanner infrared thermometer. Same one as at the Dr.s office. I got mine for like 45 buck at Walgreens. LOVE IT!!!!

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We use one of those kind that you slide from temple to temple. Love em
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i bought one from i think target or somewhere i don't remember. it's actually a pacifier one. It works it takes a while for the baby to get used to but once they do its easy!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• PS my Dr.s office said the temple thermometers give the most accurate temp. even better then a rectal temp. It's really fast to.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2008