Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Personal Pee Pee question

My son's skin on his penis is sensitive to pool water. He loves to swim and it is not an option it stay out of the pool. We have him cover himself with vaseline to form a barrier from the pool water. It is not working as well as it used to. Do you have any better ideas?

Answer Question

Asked by dancinintherain at 10:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Health

Level 22 (14,529 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • try a lake? He might be allergic to the chemicals in the pool. Or get a kiddie pool and just add water?

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • He is on a swim team. He will have to get in the pool unless it gets way worse and there is no fix.

    Comment by dancinintherain (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • you can use minerals in the water instead of chlorine. my in laws have a pool that uses minerals instead of chlorine, it's just like lake water. go to a pool store and they should know what i'm talking about. it's a normal pool with a filter and everything, you just use some different minerals or something...wish i knew more but google it or run to the pool store...or just call the doctor and ask him....GL!

    Answer by armywife43 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • it is a public pool he is 6

    Comment by dancinintherain (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Weight gain and zoloft

Next question overall (General Parenting)
What should i do grades