My husband and I are trying to find time to be together intimately.

Since I had my second child, I have been rarely intimate with my husband. I try to explain to him that I am tired at the end of the day with the kids. My 8 month occasionally sleeps through the night, so it hard for us to be together. With my first who is 4 years old now, being intimate wasn't a problem because she goes to sleep at her bedtime and sleep through the night.

mommybeanz

Asked by mommybeanz at 1:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• It's important to have a "date" once a week with your husband, whether you leave the house or not. Even if it's only for a couple of hours while the kids are both sleeping. Have some cocoa, get all warm and have some fun. You could try some intamacy board games too. They can really heat things up when the spark is a little harder to ignite on it's own. One of your dates could be going to an adult store to pick up some goodies. When you have kids, you have to be really creative...but sex should never be a last priority.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 1:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You'd be surprised just how not-tired you are once you get *ahem* started. My boyfriend and I make an effort to have sex at least once a day regardless of how tired we are, we never regret it and I typically feel less tired afterward! I'm not saying you should try having sex every day, just make an effort to increase your average; from once a month to once a week or from once a week to 2 or 3 times a week, etc.

Remember, it's okay to be creative. Once your head hits the pillow you'll probably be out like a light, so try taking showers together, even if you don't do anything it really increases intimacy! After all, you both need a shower every day so you're not making an effort to create an extra 30min, just incorporate sex into your life. Pop in a movie for your kids during the day when you're wide awake and slip away together.
    Arismama05

Answer by Arismama05 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• yes it is hard I understand. LIke Arismama said.. Shower is a good time b/c obviously your kids arent in there or asleep, sometimes we even about 5 in the morning b/c no one is up and its a nice quiet romantic time. Or even if your hubby came home at lunch one day or on the weekends while your kids are napping. Just try to get started and you will want to. Or do something to make yourself feel sexier. Take a bath, shave your legs, do your hair and makeup. That always make me FEEL better and more like doing it. Good Luck!
    Anonymous