Does this make you sick ?

Three of Four White Men Get Short Jail Terms in Beating of Mentally Disabled Black Man
By LISA FALKENBERG
Associated Press Writer LINDEN, Texas (AP) _ Citing the seriousness of the crime, a judge Friday added short jail terms to sentences recommended by juries for two of four men convicted of beating a mentally disabled black man and leaving him in a field. All four could have faced 10 years in prison on the original charges in the 2003 beating of Billy Ray Johnson, who was found unconscious on a fire ant mound and now lives in a nursing home. But two of the men entered plea deals, and two were acquitted of the most serious counts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• more here

http://www.blacknews.com/pr/whitemen101.html
    Anonymous

• To be expected in America.
    Anonymous

• Sure it does. Does this make you sick? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom#Trials
    Anonymous

• anon 1:06 yes that is sick but if you are trying to turn this into a race thing or justify my post please grow up and move on this is real life and no matter what color people are they are still victims and the courts are wrong thats my point

Anonymous

• The status or race of the victim is irrelevant to me. Anyone who attacks a helpless individual should face heavy punishments. In a group it should be worse- I don't understand why the legal system would deal with this so lightly.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• what about o.j. simpson killing his white wife and her boyfriend and getting away with it for years and years?

kind of the same thing uh.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Anon 12:14 "anon 1:06 yes that is sick but if you are trying to turn this into a race thing"

The post became about race once the original poster said "Three of Four White Men Get Short Jail Terms in Beating of Mentally Disabled Black Man", though you are quoting the article if you wanted people to give an unbiased opinion then you should have adjusted the post accordingly.

This was either a random act of horror or a race crime, either way it is just as disgusting and sad that this man was hurt and these people that hurt him aren't getting true justice due to them.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 2:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I would agree with you if he was sentenced and only got 5 years for Murder but this punishment does not fit the crime ask your self if OJ would of got convicted of Murder and did get only 5 years would you of been happy I have a felling not I just think the courts need stricter punishment this crime was horrible

Anonymous

• I copy posted what I read I did not try and start a race war ....I just think the courts are really messed up thats all

Anonymous

• its disgusting...no matter the race of the parties involved. if they had killed him i would hope things would be harsher...but yeah its pretty sick. ppl who prey on the disabled, elderly, or children are the sickest, most depreived, ugly ppl in our society.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008