Do you think they really deserve it? adult content

Topic is Sex Offenders. Not all sex offenders are the same. But EVERYONE classifies them the same. Which I find to be total B.S. I think of myself as a fair person, and that punishment should fit their crime.
I understand a parents fear of a sex offender who forces young boys and girls into sex, pornography, and sometimes kills them.

Then there are those that were convicted because they were caught with a girl underage at a party.. Who cards anyone at a party? The parents and the girl should also be charged.

Let's say someone, a guy just turned 18 went to a party with his friends, there's a girl there lying about her age of course. They hook up and he gets in trouble for it. Pays the time, and now carries a brutal label. (There are crazy @$$ people out there that are out for the blood of sex offenders, don't care what the case was or if they are living a life with their own wife and kids. Some have tracked them down, beat them and killed them. How is that ok??) And now a decade later, he has his own family, has not committed a crime, well besides a speeding ticket..lol.. And he's still paying for it, now not only him but his children and wife. They get evicted from the homes, and now one cares.

What is society coming? Do you honestly think he, his wife and their children deserve to be treated like this the rest of their lives? (This family is also a Christian family, Though, some people may not give a hoot.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I agree with you 100% but all the more reason for men (young and old) not to be stupid and hook up with random chicks at parties.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I agree with you 100% they should be treated different!! They tried to start the whole "level" thing toware they could put them in different "levels" as if that made a difference. My x husband is a sex offender and we have two great kids but he lives with this over his head and will for the rest of his life. And like you said the girl lyed about her age she was 16 not 18 and he was 19. he is now 32 and can't even attend our 5 year olds school functions. its crazy!!!!
    ashandstacy

Answer by ashandstacy at 12:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It sounds like a really "unfortunate" situation. Yes, if you "hook-up" with someone and you don't truly KNOW them, then...you are taking a big chance that something like this could happen. And it did. That's unfortunate. This is where our society is at. It's more important at the moment to get a piece from a willing girl than it is to think about consequences and there ARE consequences. I agree though that something should be done about underage girls deliberately lying about their age. Some even have fake id's so even seeing an id wouldn't help in that situation. It would say she's of age. Yes, the parents should be held responsible in some way and that would make them keep a better reign on what their daughters are doing out there. Alot of these problems need "fixed" so it's less attractive to just go out and lie about your age ,then ruin someone else's life because of it. CONSEQUENCES for lying teenage girls/boys.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I ran out of room above but...yes, they need a seperate category for this kind of thing. It's not the same as people who like little children etc. Not the same at all.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I agree with what you're saying. I dated a guy that was 20 when I was 16 The relationship lasted almost 4 years. He could have been labeled as a sex offender, and he wouldn't have deserved to be. Not all sex offenders are the same. There is a HUGE difference between a man who is attracted to a 17 year old and one who is attracted to a 7 year old!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I remember reading this SAME question a few months ago...seems like someone has a hard time 'getting over' things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• This reminds me of the girl who said "I have to go home soon" in the middle of sex at a party. Apparently he didn't stop "fast enough". He got charged with rape.

They should have a sliding scale of different coloured dots perhaps? I mean I used to live down the street from a sex offender. He was a very nice man. He was charged with statutory because he had a relationship with his university student, who was only 5 or so years younger.

As for teens, this is why we need better romeo & juliet laws. Canada's laws on the matter seem to make sense to me.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 9:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I could be wrong but if they can prove that the girl was claiming to be older than she was the guy's off the hook isn't he?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• They do list the offenses of the sex offender when you look them up. It's a shame that a grown man who dated a younger girl when he was still a teen can't attend his child's school function. As a parent, I'd rather be safe than sorry though. I do check to see what the person was charged with when I check on sex offenders in my area.

BTW-what does them being a Christian family have anything to do with it?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• What I also find sad is that these girls that lie walk away scott free. I know someone in that exact position and 20 years later he is still clean but he lives in a trailer in the back of his parents house cause to live anywhere else is horrible. I always look to see what the crime is cause i could care less about the kids who made mistakes.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011