I am so worried!

I know its still early for me to be feeling the baby move....I am 17 weeks....but with my last pregnancy I felt those "flutters" like 14 weeks! I don't even feel flutters.What is the deal. I am on zoloft and I'm freaking out that it's going to have spina bifida or something :( :( I do feel slight movements but its not strong enough to say it was a kick or something.

Also, I'm sure this is probably normal, I just don't remember it with my first, but I get this weird like stinging cramp right about my pubic bone and its like a straight line. It's not like round-ligament pain. It's different.

And then, on top of all this, my zoloft isn't even working good! When i wasn't pregnant I was taking Lexapro and it worked perfectly. I am feeling so down lately. It's the worst I have felt in so long. I have NO energy, my body feels sluggish, and I feel like crap most of the time.

UGH I need to talk to my doctor asap. I am curious if my doctor will do an ultrasound on my next appt (18 weeks) to see if the baby is okay.

Sorry this is more venting than a question =/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some babies move less than others. Every pregnancy is different! I'm sure your baby just isn't a rowdy as the last! Keep your chin up and talk to your doc about the meds. Could just be being pregnant. I took zoloft my whole pregnancy but it did work less because I had more blood pumping due to the pregnancy!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 12:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• *hugs* That's no good, that the Zoloft isn't even working. :/ As for the movements, that sounds just about right for 17 weeks, to me (I've had 6 babies), but it is normal and natural to worry when you're pregnant. Just take it easy, see your doctor when you can, drink plenty of water, and just generally look after yourself and your baby.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Just curious CaityMarie...is your baby fine since you took zoloft?? And what was the dosage? Lol I feel silly asking..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• more importantly you need to realx take a deep breath and just calm down the more you stress the more the baby stresses and you still haven't actually passed you miscarriage stage so please for you your baby its best to relax don't always thin about the negitive think about the positive that your baby is still growing or that you could even get pregnant trust me you will thank me in the end good luck and enjoy this pregnancy cause its amazing how you are creating a new human being so enjoy while you can :)))
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Your dr may not do an ultrasound, but if EVER you are concerned you can call and ask to come in and they can check the heartbeat with the doppler. Obviously that won't ease your concerns about any defects, but it will at least let you know that your baby is still alive and thriving in there. If your next appointment is at 18 weeks, they will likely schedule your anatomy scan for 1-2 weeks afterward, and that will be able to show if there are problems. Most physicians also do the AFP or triple-screen testing, which can tell you if there is a likelihood of certain problems. Good luck!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:46 AM on Jun. 7, 2011