How do you move on

from a 4 yr. relationship?

I recently found out my USED TO BE FIANCÉ cheated on me last summer. So I called it quits. I can't be with someone who I can't trust... I just feel like he ruined everything. How can I move on? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• *hugs* Give yourself time, and just put it down to experience. Not an easy time, for sure, but you are doing the right thing. Trying to forgive and move past something like that is likely to lead to resentment rearing its ugly head, down the road, and spoiling things from the inside out. So yeah, know it happens. Men can be pigs. Lean on your friends, and just chin up, and get on with your life.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm dealing with a similar situation. Only after 7 years and a child. It hasn't even been a week. All I want to do is sleep and not wake up until I'm past this. But as a mother I have to keep moving. I'm still not sure how I'm doing it and I haven't figured out how to cope. On the bright side, I'm losing the weight I've been wanting to for years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• One day at a time.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i went through something similar.. and the best thing i can tell you is take it one day at a time, and eventually over time it gets better
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 12:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• He's one man out of billions on this planet. I am sure there is another out there for you. There are plenty of fish in the sea so start fishing. :) bring out that little black dress and get your hair and nails done and go out on dates. :)
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 6:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It will take time. Your mind will hold all the good memories even years later. It won't be an over night change...but give it time and be patient and maybe in the process you'll find the right one along the way. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• just take it one day at a time. it was 4 years of your life you put into it and now its gone. you have to move on, hang out with friends, family, join something to keep your mind off things. and relax and enjoy the singlehood. i am after being married for 17 years and he cheated, i'm enjoying it very much.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• So sorry for your pain. As thry say though time does heal everything. In this case it will probably just take some time to heal the fresh pain of being betrayed like that. You will learn to trust again, only this time you will be all the wiser. Hugs!
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 9:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2011