I'm my daughter's slave!

My 6 month old daughter will not take a sippy/bottle/pacifier (she will only nurse), she will not sleep with out nursing, she will not sleep in her crib, she will not sit with a sitter (not even her daddy), she does eat baby food though, I don't know what to do! I have a wedding to be in on August 13th, and I can't bring her with me. HELP!!!!!

senecawifey

Asked by senecawifey at 12:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she will get over it... leave her anyway. i bet she and the sitter will become good friends then.. and shes too young for a sippy cup, she wants your breast bc the milk is sweet and better then anything else lol my daughter was the sameway.. pump milk have daddy and the sitter feed her it will get her off you a big.. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have let her with a sitter when my mother was in the hospital, I ended up having to come get her because she wouldn't calm down after an hour of crying and will not take breastmilk (or anything else) from a bottle
    senecawifey

Comment by senecawifey (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• She is doing what she is used to doing, you must of allowed it to get this way. You need to untrain the behavior, it will take a while for her to get used to it but the more consistant you are with changing the way you do things the easier and quicker she will catch on, I would start with getting her to sleep in the crib if it was me, starting with naps and nights, yes she will cry but if your consistant with keeping her in there and not turning lights on and not giving her any type of stimulation it may only take a couple of days for her to realize your not coming to get her out, then I would start on the other things, leaving her with her Father, just go, yes again she will prob cry and be a nightmare the first few times but she will start to understand you are coming back. Good Luck with all this, it may seem hard but it will make your life a whole lot easier :-)
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• sounds like this baby is spoiled i love it when are that way lol i know this dosen't help ,but she will grow out of it leave her with her daddy for a day and tell him to just let he cry she will eventually either take a bottle or go to sleep good luck and god bless
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• wow. did you try to put rice in it?? I had to find the right nipple for my daughter.. she would only take the big fat nipples i guess to have more in her mouth like when she was breast feeding... did u try that? im at a loss lol im sry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have tried a few different nipples, I even bought the breastflow bottle, the most she will do is to play with it and I never know if the milk/water leaked out or if she drank it.
    senecawifey

Comment by senecawifey (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Try the breast flow bottle, have daddy give it to her, you go into the other room, and then, have daddy swaddle her, and turn the vacuum on right before he tried to give her the bottle. Make sure he knows to hold her as close to the breastfeeding position as possible.

I've used this trick with many bf babies, and it has always worked for me. So swaddle, vacuum, bottle.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think I need to go to bed because all I can thing of is Green Eggs and Ham.

It WILL get better, honest. She'll grow up, learn to talk, then learn to mouth off and drive you crazy with her sass......oh wait, that's MY daughter.

I think I need to just shut up and go to bed.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:00 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• meet the fockers..boob mold :) my little man was like that too!! Princess_s21 covered it!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• LOL I actually considered a "man-ory gland" hahaha
    senecawifey

Comment by senecawifey (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2011