how old was your toddler when they stopped taking naps?

my 27 month old daughter didnt take a nap on wed. and yesterday and today she slept for about 1/2 hour then was wide awake. luckly she is sleeping in until 7am instead of the everyday 6am, which is really nice. but is this normal or should i be insistant that she rest longer? (which i doubt would happen)

i would just like to know how old your toddlers or preschoolers were... thank you!

madismummy

Asked by madismummy at 9:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always make my kids lay down and at least rest. They are so busy and I try and let them play outside as much as they can during the day. Even if they just watch a movie and lay down for a half hour. If they are tired enough to sleep, they will. Just go by how she is acting (if she is tired and cranky a nap can help) but if she is doing well, dont enforce it...
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My daughter is also 27 months (I think lol it's late and math isn't my friend right now). She takes a nap about every other day or so. I really try to wear her out so she'll be tired enough for them. There are some days where I can just tell she isn't going to nap, so I don't push it. On those days she's usually falling asleep by 7pm, which is nice!
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 9:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My daughter is just about 23 months and for the past few days she hasn't wanted to take a nap. The way I look at it is, my daughter goes to bed at a decent time and wakes up at a decent time. If she's tired she'll pass out. You're her mom. You know your baby. Go with your gut. If she seems tired then she must be tired. I would just go with it and see where it takes you.
    Southern_Beauty

Answer by Southern_Beauty at 10:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• oh my, mine were young, like just under 2.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My son is 27 months old and has not had a nap on a regular basis for bout 6 mos. My daughter on the other hand was still taking naps when she was 3. Every child is different. If you lil one is doing fine without a nap tehn I wouldn't push the issue.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2008