Toddler weight

I was wondering how much weight do 2 yr olds normally gain. I heard that they sort of stop gaining weight (like fatness) and gain length.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 year old is over 30 pounds and not chubby. They really do start slowing down. I think my 5 year old is about 40 pounds right now.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• my son is 2 and he weighs 45 lbs and is 34 inches tall so it all depends on height too... don't be too worried unless they have trouble running around and get outa breath real easy... hope i helped but doubt it
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• What does your pediatrician say? As long as he/she is happy with your childs growth I wouldn't worry too much. I think kids definitely have periods when their weight "plateaus".

My two year old twins weigh 30 and 31lbs and are 35 and 35.5 inches tall. Both of these put them in the "above average" for height and weight but their growth has been consistent so the pedi is happy.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My husband and I were thrilled when I put our son on the scale and he weighed 25 lbs. He may be at the bottom of the growth and weight chart. We don't care. He is happy and growing. Remember: Every child gains weight at their own pace. About the time they turn 3 is when losing the baby fat.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My son definately started getting taller and thinner when he was 2. But the most important thing is that they are healthy!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 3:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My daughter is 2 1/2 and weigh's 24 pounds. My son is 3 1/2 years old and weigh's 29pounds.
    There on the petite size though.
    Tired-Mom

Answer by Tired-Mom at 4:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2008