Christians Please. As the day nears for the rapture, have you increased your soul winning efforts? If so How?

It is my intention to become more soul winning minded. I would like to know what are some strategies you are using in your efforts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I have. how? from telling all my friends it is time to get right for the Lord is coming soon. Also one of my best friends got saved this past sunday I never gave up on here and that is how you have to be you cant give up on anyone you have to keep telling them about the Lord. Also I try to reach people though cafemom and when they got to my page they will see Jesus :) God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• soul winning??? is it a contest now to convert people???
    Anonymous

• God will use me to gather souls according to His will. I'm still somewhat new to really BEING a Christian and am still learning so much at this point. I don't try to push my beliefs on others, but if they should ask or provide me an opportunity to discuss them, then I will!!
    Anonymous

• I didn't know heaven offered brownie points for soul conversions. How about you worry about your own salvation instead of that of others.
    Anonymous

• I just live by example. I think that if someone is open and ready to know more about God and being saved then theyll either say they are, or an opportunity will present it self to talk to them. Some people will never be ready and thats just the way the ball bounces I guess. For me I usually just say I have nothing to lose by being a believer. If I am wrong and we all end up in the same place then whoops. If they are wrong about not believing they end up in hell. Id rather not risk it so I believe. I then leave it at that and its up to them, and God to intervene and move them to be believers or not. In the end not all people will make it to heaven. I have faith in God and his plan and I do believe he knows who will make it and who wont, with or without my help.
    Anonymous

• "I didn't know heaven offered brownie points for soul conversions. How about you worry about your own salvation instead of that of others."

agreed. since when was trying to convert people a contest?
    Anonymous

• There is alot of demonic influence in peoples. I would say pray every morning and journal your devotions too. You can serve God daily in here, the store, the gas station pass out tracts I've done it in the past. Leave them on the table at restuarants with $tips. God can use you anywhere. Remember to stay in the Word an fellowship with other believers too. Blessings.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• God tells us to go out and convert people and spread the word. He says the best way to go about doing that is through our own testimony. Each of our testimoneys are diff bc we all came to God differently. One testimoney may speak to one person and not another. So just tell people about your story and see if its what works for them. If not, then it isnt your concern because maybe someone else is supposed to talk to them.
    As for the brownie point comment. There arent brownie points but God is pleased when we spread his word. It is sad that so many deny God and would rather not be saved. I guess those are all breaks though. Not everyone can go to heaven.
    Anonymous

• I actually agree with the poster on the "soul-winning" part. What I think she means is that it is not a contest between Christian but between God and his people and everyone else. When you educate someone on the Bible and Christianity and salvation you are helping them and winning another for the good side. It really is a contest if you think about it. Don't you want to get as many people as possible on the right side for their own benefit. Instead of critizing how someone puts something.
    As for reply#4: on your last statement; A dr. may try to help heal or save a person even though their chances of survival are slim and they know they are going to die anyway, they still try.

As for the rapture, there is not rapture. I was raised to believe and I tried to find a scripture to back it up and I didn't. There is no tribulation. There will be a final day of Judgement when Jesus makes his return and that is it.
    Anonymous

• I hand out those tracts myself. I give them with a large tip at dinner, for halloween with candy, and things like that. Sometimes just planting a seed is all we need to do.

Answer by gemgem at 1:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2008