So im the bad guy now...?

i spent the last week going through every room in my house and getting rid of stuff and organizing. we have a lot of negative energy in the house so i wanted to get everything cleared out asap so i could do a ritual cleansing. and also wanted to down size so we have less to move when we find a new place. i posted on fb my progress since i have a few friends who are my cheering squad so to speak. (i had to go thru 12 years of stuff) for those encouraging me i had just as many asking if they can have some of the stuff im getting rid of. i said" no for one because i want it gone now. im throwing everything together in boxes and bags and after they are full they go straight to my car so i can drop them off at salvation army in the morning. for two i have had ppl in the past say they want items then never showed up, so that stuff i wanted gone ended up sittin in my garage taking up space. if there are items that u need or want go to salvation army or to treasures thrift store down town. both places support good causes" ( we know about sal. army, well the treasures thrift store employs people from the state hospital, they are dev delayed, hate the term but most are mentally retarted, and most of the money made goes back to the state hospital to give the ppl living there for various things)

so now those ppl are saying im being a b**ch cause i dont want to keep stuff lying around for them to get. if it wasnt such a huge job i would consider maybe hanging on to stuff for ppl. so far i have taken 2 car loads of stuff down to salvation army and going to have another load to take down tomorrow sometime. those people also dont come to my house either unless they want something,so they dont know tht u could feel the negative energy that was in here, not sure how to explain it other than the air felt heavy and their was this over all uneasiness. since i had taken some much stuff that had negative impact on my family( just stuff we no longer used or stuff that brought back bad memories) there has been a huge difference. its more peaceful...
so am i being the B*** for not sorting stuff by what ppl want and drive all over town to take it to them, they cant afford the gas to come to my house...im out in the country)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• First of all, kudos to you for getting the motivation and umph together to get rid of a bunch of stuff you no longer need- it's *so* hard! Secondly, you are NOT a bitch- you are helping good causes while helping yourself- can it get any better than that? I don't think you should feel obligated to hold on to things for people that are just out to get whatever they can get from you. If they were real friends, they would come around more often than just when they want/need something. Good luck with the rest of your cleansing- hope it goes well!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• If they really wanted the stuff they should have said "I'll be there in 1/2 hr to pick out what I want...." They should not expect you to wait on them, or store the stuff for them. I think it is GREAT that you are so motivated and are downsizing, and donating to charity. Wish I had the energy to start working on downsizing.... I have a ton of stuff in the attic that can go!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• If you're being a bitch over this stuff (you're not), then I'm the master of the universe (I'm not). If they really wanted it they could have driven to your place to get it. Or called and said I'll be there in X minutes, please set it aside. They didn't so too bad, so sad for them.

And good for you for cleaning out the crap, on all levels.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• at best, maybe I would agree to hold it for a day if someone wanted to come and get it. But that would be with the requirement that they had to take what they didn't want from the load to wherever.
    But I do see your point and don't blame you at all!
    I've seen this happen with people. Someone wants to have some stuff, maybe they come by when they say they will, maybe they don't.
    and if they do, they want to sort through the stuff to see what they want, then still leave you with the rest to take away.

you do what you need to do for yourself and your family. It's just stuff, and if people want to get hung up over that, then let them.

I had similar situations with my mom and sister. they are both hoarders big time! my sister has a entire upstairs filled to the brim and her downstairs has piles all ever the place. They get so mad that I don't want family 'treasures' sent to my place. cont-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• cont- I have family treasures and I don't want them sending me things that I don't want just because it belonged to relatives. These relatives were hoarders, so when they send things that belong to them, often I've never even SEEN the objects before? so just how important is it supposed to be to me?

They get mad and brag that they keep and treasure these things. When in truth, they just have it all stashed in the boxes that are piled up all over the place.
    I've made it clear, I don't want my home like that and am doing all I can to keep it from being that way.

Good for you for downsizing! you are not the bad guy!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Next time post it AFTER you do it. Give it to the organizations. If they really wanted the stuff they'd have told you long before now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• when i moved in with my bf same thing but my sister wanted lots off old shit that i wanted outa my life ( things ex friends and bf got me...) even tho it wasnt mine i dint even wana look at it!!! they shouldnt be mad and ur not a bad guy as you say lol they need to buy there own shit and get over it .....
    teamomija768

Answer by teamomija768 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• ITS YOUR STUFF NOT THEIRS SO THEY HAVE NO SAY SO IN WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH IT!!!! I WOULD HAVE DOEN THE SAME THING
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 1:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think holding it a day is ok. I have a tv in my living room that has been there for about a month. Its suppose to go to my sil for her de but hasn't made it anywhere. I told my husband that if he doesn't take it soon then im going to get rid of it. So I think one day is ok, if they are not there to pik up ar certain time then its gone.
    startingover777

Answer by startingover777 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2011