Morman

I consider myself baptist. I know mormans belive in God but can someone tell me in detail what they belive?

Kimkh

Asked by Kimkh at 1:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have wonderful Mormon family and friends. They believe God and Satan were brothers...They follow their lives after the Book of Mormon, and the Pearl of Great Price over the Holy Bible. They believe if you're married in the Mormon temple (only mormons can be in the temple) you are married in heaven as well. (never heard what happens if the couple divorces what they believe.) They believe once someone has already died, that they have the power and authority to change that persons destiny and placement in heaven. They believe in 3 heavens, and based on your works, you may secure a spot in the top heaven. They are some of the nicest people I know, but the teachings they have are over the top...in my opinion.
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 8:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Mormon, fyi. But we call ourselves Latter Day Saints or LDS.

Explaining an entire belief system in only 900 words would be difficult. Wikipedia search: Latter Day Saints would bring up a better explanation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• You will have to look up their website lds.org if you want specific details(or go to one of the LDS mom groups here on CM).

Basics...they believe In God the Father, Jesus the Son, and in the Holy Ghost. They believe them to be 3 seperate individuals but 1 in purpose(so different than the trinity belief of other denominations).
    They believe in living prophets that have been called of God and that started with Joseph Smith who they believe saw God the Father and Jesus Christ and was told none of the churches, at the time, held the full truth. He was then given the keys to restoring Christs church here on earth. Ever since him there has been a prophet who recieves guidance/inspiration/etc from the Lord. They have their church set up like Christ did with a leader(prophet, was Christ when we walked the earth) and 12 apostles,etc.
    There is more but no space so check out their website.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• The Articles of Faith were written years ago to answer just this question. They've been canonized since then and you can find them here.

TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Remeber when doing your searching, that there are different branches or mormonism. The fundamentals are the ones we see reported about on tv with the "camps". They aren't all like that. I have several family members and a friend who is mormon. I don't agree with their religion necessarily, but we live and let live :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011